Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Messenger Bag

Continuing the theme of hand-made gifts, here is one I made for a little friend's birthday. I followed this easy tutorial by mmmmcrafts. Sweetie #2 modeled it below (our friend is a few years older and a little taller), before we filled it with a notepad, coloring book, fun pencils etc.


The pocket under the flap was just the right size for the notepad. I only had about a half yard of each fabric, which is less than the tutorial recommends, but it worked out almost to the inch.

1 comment:

The Paisley Abbey said...

I think it turned out great! I also have 3 girls, so I know how hectic it can be and how hard it is to find time to sew. I made my 7year old a messenger bag too and was so glad she liked it!(I found you at A Lemon Squeezy Home)
:)
Courtney
ThePaisleyAbbey.com