Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday skirt

Every girl needs a fun new outfit for her birthday right? Here's the pettiskirt I made for E's birthday this week. I left it hanging on her chair in the kitchen so it would be the first thing she saw when she got up that morning. I woke up to her squeals of delight... totally worth staying up late the night before to work on it while she slept! She decided that this skirt, a leotard and the cowboy hat that grandma gave her would make the perfect outfit for her party... even though she'd instructed all her friends to dress like their favorite princess.
I had some silk charmeuse in lavender that I had intended to use for the waistband section... but when I saw the chiffon laying next to this Kaffe Fassett print on my table I couldn't resist making a last minute switch. I am so glad I did. I think the beautiful print made a cute thing even more beautiful. Kaffe Fassett, I am obsessed!

The last time I made a pettiskirt, I made some notes here. This time went a lot faster. I've learned even more tips and tricks that I need to document too.

If you'd like to browse a lot of other really great projects, check out the link parties going on at:




1 comment:

Sal-my-gal said...

This is beautiful!