Friday, October 17, 2008

Paper dolls for little fingers


This is an idea that I've been dying to try for a while now. A little background: I love paper dolls. My favorite are Dolly Dingle. I had a huge collection when I was a little girl. My sister and I spent hours cutting them out and playing with them. We each had a little yellow pencil box that we kept them in. When I saw some Dolly Dingle books on eBay I couldn't resist. Emma is still too little to manage the paper tabs and since these seem to be out of print, I came up with an idea for how she could enjoy them without their being destroyed. This is the result of my trial. I copied a set onto window cling and cut each outfit out, trimming off the tabs. The color isn't as vibrant, but is good enough. Then, I laminated the doll. The window cling dresses adhere perfectly to the lamination and to the glossy folder I am storing her in. Emma can stick and pull off the dresses and hats over and over. I have no idea if the color will begin to wear off after awhile. I guess we'll play with this set and see how it goes. A friend who saw this thought it would be cool on the inside of a car window while taking a longer trip. Great idea!

2 comments:

meredith said...

Awwww, good 'ol dolly dingle. I loved to play with those too (I'm pretty sure they were handed down from you). How stinkin creative to make them window clings! You never cease to amaze me, and I've known you all my life! :)

Val said...

FABOLUS!!! Love them. I will have to get you to show me how to make them. It literally brought a tear to my eye just to see them......memories.......("I'm so glad to seeee you my dear!") Good times.