Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby Legwarmers

About the time I finished the bridesmaids dresses I started having some health issues. Needless to say, the long list of projects I want to complete got put on the back burner. I'm starting to feel more like myself again and thought I'd ease back into my projects with something simple: baby leg warmers made from knee-high socks. I've seen a number of tutorials for these, all over the web but this is the method I liked best at Little Birdie. I bought these socks in sets of two and used some of the striped socks to make the cuff on the solid pair, and vice versa. I always look for socks that are as smooth on the inside as they are on the outside. I hate socks that have all those little strings from the pattern on the inside.

I've purchased a bunch of the original Baby Legs for my youngest and they are great. My older girls love them too. They are high quality and the elasticity is impressive fitting my smallest to my oldest without losing their shape. I definitely think they are worth the $ but it can add up. As easy as they are to make I think we'll finally have enough to go around. (This is not a sponsored endorsement. Just my opinion.)

1 comment:

Jena Webber said...

Great idea. I'm so glad leg warmers are back in. They are so functional!