Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Gifts

I'd been wanting to try out this tutorial for an easy shirred skirt from Creation Corner for a little while now. A baby shower I was recently invited to was a good excuse to get it done. My fabric must have been a lot more lightweight than what was used in the tutorial, because it really gathered up. The first try became a new skirt for my daughter's baby doll. Try number two turned out really well. I added a lot to the width. It still gathered up so the waist looks very small, but it stretches out nicely and still looks gathered. I think this is the perfect alternative to a wide elastic waistband for a little tummy. It keeps the skirt up without being at all constrictive. I embellished some onesies to go with it. Since this was a double shower, for a boy and a girl, I made two more embellished onesies to go with a pair of the baby legwarmers I'd made recently.



3 comments:

FeltLikeStitchin said...

How cute! I bet you can't wait to see how sweet the babies look wearing their new outfits:)

Lexi and Jordan said...

Very creative and cute!

Jessie K said...

So cute! I love your blog and I love you're a stay at home mom with three girls who needs to craft to stay sane. I have two and I feel the same way! Thanks for commenting on my purse! I do make and sell them, so if you're interested... ;)